External Consultant in Finance and Economics
Consulting for global logistics companies including DeutschePost DHL
- Design and delivery of workshops globally to improve financial processes and build financial management skills for Finance and non-Finance managers (e.g. Finance, Budgeting and Control, Costing, Customer Viability, Excel, CAPEX Analysis).
- Updating training modules to improve effectiveness.
- Analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data for presentation to the Global Board of Directors.
- Research and analyses of Israeli logistics market for foreign companies.
Senior Consultant for ASERO on improving border security logistics for Singapore’s Ministry of Homeland Security
- Development of Economic model and bringing it to approval with the Economic Development Board.
- Continuous coordination with local government bodies.
- Site surveys and interviews with local governmental, business and academic bodies as well as international corporations for analysis of situation and possible improvements.
- Process analysis and finding operational improvements to client security and logistics requirements.
- Analyses of economic benefits impact up to GDP level, presenting results to governmental committees.
Recovery of lost funds for very large companies as contractor for BGI Benchmark Group International
- Locating lost funds due to errors in accounting using unique approach developed by BGI in Canada.
- Giving clients peace of mind and recovered funds at no up-front cost (fee as a percentage of cash recovered).
- Recommending improvements to client based on analyses of errors found, thus reducing further losses.
DEUTSCHE POST DHL – Various Locations
Head of Human Resources Planning, EEMEA Regional Office, Belgium
Managed EEMEA HR FP&A – budgeting, planning and reporting for region and head office (98 countries, 11,000 employees); Business partner for Regional HR management.
- Set up regional budget planning process within 4 weeks of taking up position.
- Designed and implemented HR Strategy Scorecard and KPI analyses for the Region.
- Reduced process cycle time 40% by designing and programming Management Incentive calculation tool.
Sales Controlling Manager, European Coordination Center, Belgium
Marketing, Sales and Customer Service Europe BPO manages all business figures for 25 European countries in the course of a multiple merger. I was also the Financial Business Partner for MS&CS management.
- Managed regional revenue (~ 6 billion EUR) and customer service controlling processes.
- Designed and developed reporting tools for Region including KPI rationalization;
- Managed planning and reporting processes of European revenue and KPI’s during a multiple merger.
- Controlled M&S organization’s operating budget (~80MEUR) and headcount;
- Cut major travel costs without negative impact on operations by 25% through design and deployment of planning and purchasing processes.
Financial Controller, SSI Project, European Coordination Center, Belgium
SSI Project generated revenue by leveraging an expanded customer base and product portfolio due to mergers and acquisitions. Participated in intensive activity in a multinational team in several countries in identifying business opportunities and implementing tools and benchmarking;
- Consolidated and followed-up countries’ results; designed and managed reporting methodology including tailoring to country requirements.
- Controlled project budget, reduced costs through operational and tax planning.
Management Accounting Department Manager, DHL Express Israel
The Management Accounting Department is responsible for Costing and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Created and built new department following acquisition, introducing FP&A and control processes, with use of training and coaching of the various management levels.
- Introduced and deployed FP&A software in 3 months.
- Supervised first deployment of Activity Based Costing in Israel and effected sales optimization, cutting losing products.
- Reorganized Payroll Accounting, reducing error rate from over 30% to less than 2% in one month and restored employee trust in the department.
ASTRAZENECA (ISRAEL) LTD – Ra’anana, Israel
Director of Finance & Administration
Established new subsidiary of global pharmaceutical company in Israel. Responsibilities included Finance & Accounting, IT, Logistics, Fleet & Facilities.
Built company’s first detailed budget as well as ongoing forecasts and monitoring of results against budget.
- Managed negotiations and operations with vendors and customers; managed legal, tax and audit advisors.
- Managed Compliance, Risk Management and initial relations with Israel’s major HMO’s
LOCAL COUNCIL & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION – Israel
Director of Finance
- Responsible for Finance and general management of local council and associated municipal entities.
- Management of all Finance departments’ activities from accounting through collections.
- Responsible for IT, purchasing, contracts, compliance, FP&A and control.
Internal Auditor / Audit Examiner
- Managed internal audit process for clients from audit plan through presentation to audit committee.
- Performed specialized government audits.
- Audit and tax preparation for a variety of clients.